Day before season ends buck.

Ohlongarm

My neighbor asked if he could hunt my acreage with his bow, he sat out all day today, and at about 6 pm took this nice buck, he ran about 100 yards before both lungs deflated. He's one that still had both sides, the bitter temps have caused many bucks to shed already.

Attachments

• ls.jpg
    ls.jpg
    599.5 KB · Views: 212
Good thing you get rid of so many coyotes so nice bucks can grow !
True, that one pictured is really nothing special, but alas not bad, I need to post some pics of some real hogs taken here over a couple decades. I'm keeping the pressure on the coyotes. The taker was elated however his biggest.

True, that one pictured is really nothing special, but alas not bad, I need to post some pics of some real hogs taken here over a couple decades. I'm keeping the pressure on the coyotes. The taker was elated however his biggest.
Do the hogs there get some of the fawns ?

Do the hogs there get some of the fawns ?
Hogs is a slang term used by many seasoned deer hunters , meaning big bucks. Been asked that question before, real hogs, wild are moving rapidly in the south of the state near Kentucky border, and West Va. I saw a road kill in Adams County Ohio just before Xmas near Shawnee forest solid black bristly about 100 lb female.

My neighbor asked if he could hunt my acreage with his bow, he sat out all day today, and at about 6 pm took this nice buck, he ran about 100 yards before both lungs deflated. He's one that still had both sides, the bitter temps have caused many bucks to shed already.
Congrats! Great buck and a wonderful way to end the season.