2023 season over before it started.

I just returned from an unsuccessful Wyoming mule deer hunt that had me feeling pretty down. Hadn't had any whitetail bucks on camera at home either so I wasn't to pumped about the season. Opening day I got out to a pasture that I hunt about 15 minutes before sundown, had the wife and two kids with me as we had just finished feeding cows. I really figured I'd set a tripod up so I didn't have to set it up in the dark the next morning and that the kids would scare anything away as I don't use a blind just sit on the ground in a wide open pasture. I throw some cow feed out a little off the tree line about 330 yards away so if you stay fairly still nothing pays much attention. We got set up and not 10 minutes later a buck that I'd only seen from other people sending me pics jumped over the fence. 320 yards dropped and never took a step. Season over 2023 turned out way better than expected. Trail cam pic someone sent from 4 miles down river.
Which river are you hunting?

Very nice buck!
The Canadian River always looked like it could hold some big ones.
Hopefully soon you will have the elk coming down it

They just seem to come through and not stay long.
We had a really good 6x6 two weeks ago but he vanished.
I saw him twice and the next day I heard a bunch of shooting just west of that area and haven't seen him since.
Pretty sure I know what happened 😏