Data for 100 grain shock hammers in 308 win?

FrogFire7

Anybody tried this combo yet? I won a CVA Cascade in 308... Comes with a threaded barrel, so I thought I'd run it suppressed this fall for deer (assuming my e-file comes through by then).

Not a huge fan of 308 but I figured the 100 grain would run fast and flat and not have much recoil.

Thanks for any load info!

Anybody tried this combo yet? I won a CVA Cascade in 308... Comes with a threaded barrel, so I thought I'd run it suppressed this fall for deer (assuming my e-file comes through by then).

Not a huge fan of 308 but I figured the 100 grain would run fast and flat and not have much recoil.

Go to Hammer Hunter Load Data on this Forum. At least 2 loads listed.

You'll find more info using the 124Hammers. I tried them in my .308 win. The only problem I found was not having enough case capacity for most powders. I think that TAC powder may help with that issue but I didn't have any to try.

You'll find more info using the 124Hammers. I tried them in my .308 win. The only problem I found was not having enough case capacity for most powders. I think that TAC powder may help with that issue but I didn't have any to try.
What did you make it up to with the 124s.

I'd wager that 3500 is attainable with the 100s.

My advice is 125 grain with TAC or Ramshot X-Terminator. You can run the Hodgdon online reloading and try the starting loads for less recoil. 308 is not a powerful rifle and the kick is minimal. I have 20 and 24 inch. I use mine for varminting with Speer TNT 125 gr. I bought bulk lots of 750 boxes back when they were like less than $100 for 750 delivered.

mass X velocity determines foot pounds of energy. Shooting a fast 100 could kick more than a 125 gr.

I shoot a 115 Berger Flat base target bullet in my 308 Savage, Medium heavy barrel. use it for Score shooting at the matches. Very low recoil, very accurate. Many three shot one hole groups at 100 yards. Bone stock Rifle, no tuning allowed. 36 X Sightron Scope. 41.7 Grns of 3031 Win LR Primer.

Attachments

• IMG_1682.JPG
    IMG_1682.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
What did you make it up to with the 124s.

I'd wager that 3500 is attainable with the 100s.

3,250 ft/sec with H4895 and IMR8208 in a 22" bbl. ( not mixed together, of course) LOL

I shoot the 130TTSX @ 3,130 fy/sec with 46.5gr Benchmark. It is incredibly accurate at 400yds. I shot a nice 8 point buck at just over 200yds with that load. Bullet hit him square in the chest as he faced me. The buck was literally slammed to the ground and never even twitched. The fastest kill I've ever seen.

Last edited: