Dakota bolt face compatibility

Your un-edited post was very inflammatory in it's form. I hope that was because you were having a bad day.

First sentence is completely a condescending slight on someone you know nothing about. Beyond "respectfully disagree" a full face apology is warranted. (My opinion)

Second sentence. Any gunsmith who uses a Datota bolt face for a "normal" magnum bolt face cartridge is dangerous. (MY opinion). As someone who claims to be a machinist to tenths, I am at a loss to understand how you could condone .010 of slop in a fitment.

Sorry, escaping errors is not as easy as editing. I've been on both sides of this kind of thing. I full face apologized.
I wasn't condoning anything, just stating facts. Clearance and slop are 2 entirely different things. .010 clearance from case head to bolt recess is well within factory tolerances for any number of actions. Having said that, post #7 from shortgrass gives a much better answer than I did and was completely non inflammatory.
I think we're done here.

I wasn't condoning anything, just stating facts. Clearance and slop are 2 entirely different things. .010 clearance from case head to bolt recess is well within factory tolerances for any number of actions. Having said that, post #7 from shortgrass gives a much better answer than I did and was completely non inflammatory.
I think we're done here.
You are the new guy here. You have no credibility yet.

Post #7 was a full face apology, nothing inflammatory there.

Attempting to use a technical redirect, "clearance" vs. "slop", has never been a successful discussion or debating technique.

You seem to be more a troll than anything else so yes we are done.

I'd suggest a simple test, take a magnum cartridge case and see how it fits the existing bolt face.......... I know,,, that would be too easy!
My mistake again. For Mr. Seaman I meant to refer to this post when I said post # 7. For JE: I am sorry for my inflammatory post. It was un called for and merely reflected my over reaction after misreading your post. I have never in my life been accused of being a troll. I must be a really dumb one to post using my actual name.

@Roeder,

A true gentle man gentleman. Thank you so much. We all have brain farts.

Including me. Oh, maybe especially me. LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.