CVA Paramount

Riverguy

I see where long range customs no longer have breaks available for the paramount.
Anyone know of good workable alternative? Thanks

I'd read about the headaches they caused with poor accuracy before I put one on. But if you knnow the thread diameter and pitch, you could find a suitable alternative. Arrowhead has some good choices.

It doesn't look like arrowhead had the right size. But will check again. Anyone else have suggestions. Thanks

I see where long range customs no longer have breaks available for the paramount.
Anyone know of good workable alternative? Thanks
I have a 45 caliber Paramont. Could not find a 45 caliber muzzle break so I used a 50 Cal muzzle brake and it works great. Just got it out and shot it this week.

Thanks for the link encore. I will give them a call and see what there suggestions are.

I have the pro 45 on backorder. Says it's 3/4 ×20 and the 50 cal pro is 3/4 ×24. That's a good idea but i don't think it would work out for me. Unless I'm missing something, and i certainly could be.

I should have stated paramount pro in the name of the thread.

If using the cva elr's and knowing some of the problems with them, could a guy super glue the plastic base on to the bullet so it didn't come off in the brake? Would this work maybe?

I should have stated paramount pro in the name of the thread.

If using the cva elr's and knowing some of the problems with them, could a guy super glue the plastic base on to the bullet so it didn't come off in the brake? Would this work maybe?
Not in my opinion. The skirt on the rear of the bullet is flared to provide the seal. The flare going through the brake makes contact.

Not a tactical brake but a radial. Notice the difference between those shot without the brake and those with?

with and without brake.JPG

Wow, easy to see what happened there.

I have a 45cal bullet sizer die to get the perfect bullet barrel fit and figure on getting a non sabboted bullet to work like a arrowhead bullet maybe. With that said i would also like to be able to use an elr bullet if i wanted to without worrying about a problem.

Should i take the 45cal to a gunsmith to have bored to 50cal??

I have a 45 caliber Paramont. Could not find a 45 caliber muzzle break so I used a 50 Cal muzzle brake and it works great. Just got it out and shot it this week.

I thought you were talking about the original paramount, but noticed it is also 3/4 × 20.
Were able to get a 3/4 × 24 on the 20?
Or what did you do to make it work? Thanks

Wow, easy to see what happened there.

I have a 45cal bullet sizer die to get the perfect bullet barrel fit and figure on getting a non sabboted bullet to work like a arrowhead bullet maybe. With that said i would also like to be able to use an elr bullet if i wanted to without worrying about a problem.

Should i take the 45cal to a gunsmith to have bored to 50cal??
The ELR seems to be the issue when using a brake. If no brake is used it works well.

Just my 2¢, I'd either shoot that bullet (ELR) exclusively, or not at all. There are much better bullets and with the sizer you already have, you're all set IMO. The Arrowhead XLD's are crazy accurate.

45 to 50????? Not sure why anyone would bore out a 45cal to a 50cal unless the barrel was junk?

Just to clarify, i was talking about turning the 45cal brake into a 50 cal brake just to keep my options as open as possible for any bullets i wish to use. I already have the 45cal brake new in the plastic.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.