CVA Paramount Pro Colorado

Thank you for the response.
I shoot the MZ-REX2 and the 330 ERL and after ~30 shots the funnel would no longer fit in the brake from the powerbelt skirts hitting the brake baffles and creating burrs that would gouge the aluminum funnel. I have had to knock them down 2x with a file and I did not notice any accuracy issues. I have shot it out to 400 yards with open sights(the Colorado model) and can hold 6" groups ~1.5 MOA but I will look at a different bullet when I get time as I don't like the baffle strikes.

I shoot the MZ-REX2 and the 330 ERL and after ~30 shots the funnel would no longer fit in the brake from the powerbelt skirts hitting the brake baffles and creating burrs that would gouge the aluminum funnel. I have had to knock them down 2x with a file and I did not notice any accuracy issues. I have shot it out to 400 yards with open sights(the Colorado model) and can hold 6" groups ~1.5 MOA but I will look at a different bullet when I get time as I don't like the baffle strikes.
That sounds plenty good for me, and if using a file to re-open the muzzle break doesnt hurt the accuracy even better. Thank you for your response 🤙🏼

I got my MZ-REX 2 Premium Brake installed and the I just wanted to give a shout out to Levi at LrCustoms, he called me directly after I emailed him, he gave me some good advise on where to go next to get what I'm looking to do. 5 star rating on customer service for sure and I'm sure after reading the reviews and testimony's Ill be happy with performance.

LR Customs is right..........
The ELR's are well known to cause problems when shot through a brake. CVA has had 2 or more revisions to brakes and still, owners are just removing their brakes and saying 'to heck with it'. However, get rid of the ELR's and shoot a good bullet, bullet to bore and the brakes work.
There are a lot of great bullets that can be used..

I'm going to attach a photo that will clearly show what happens when plastic goes through a brake, in this case a radial brake. Its clearly evident that the base of sabots are shredded when shot through a brake. This is exactly what happens with the ELR, except..... the skirt remains attached to the bullet, unlike a sabot. There goes accuracy.
Its easy to see which were shot through a brake and those which were not.

View attachment 247407
When ordering a brake from LR Customs, they want to know if bullet is saboted or non-saboted...I will be testing the heavy Thor bullets and the Federal B.O.R. Locks (with the Expanding polymer base cup) out of my 50 cal Accura LRx... Not sure if that base cup is considered a sabot or not... do I order saboted or non-saboted brake?

When ordering a brake from LR Customs, they want to know if bullet is saboted or non-saboted...I will be testing the heavy Thor bullets and the Federal B.O.R. Locks (with the Expanding polymer base cup) out of my 50 cal Accura LRx... Not sure if that base cup is considered a sabot or not... do I order saboted or non-saboted brake?
Talk with Levi at LR Customs and explain to him what your intent is. He'll make sure you make the correct decision.

He knows you're interested. Contact him.