CVA Paramount Pro Colorado

dodgefreak8

Dodgefreak really appreciate the information you have shared on this rifle. Will save others some time and research. This is going to cost me some $ but I’m looking forward to a 300 yd muzzleloader.
I'm glad I could help. It's a pretty impressive rifle but it needed some upgrades.

cohunt

How do the windage/elevation adjustments work? Are they "click" style? I see they are "locking" but not really sure how they adjust by the online pics

I'm used to the "ramped, loosen screw, push with finger" type and hate trying to fine tune them --- it seems to always be nit enough or too much

dodgefreak8

How do the windage/elevation adjustments work? Are they "click" style? I see they are "locking" but not really sure how they adjust by the online pics

I'm used to the "ramped, loosen screw, push with finger" type and hate trying to fine tune them --- it seems to always be nit enough or too much
Windage is adjusted with the 2 Allen screws on the right side which then have set screws to keep them in place. The elevation adjustment is accomplished by loosening the peep aperture then using the adjustment screw on top. One you set zero you tighten the peep aperture to lock it in place. It is extremely solid.

cohunt

Windage is adjusted with the 2 Allen screws on the right side which then have set screws to keep them in place. The elevation adjustment is accomplished by loosening the peep aperture then using the adjustment screw on top. One you set zero you tighten the peep aperture to lock it in place. It is extremely solid.
Is it easy to fine tune? Sounds like a nice option for rear peep applications

Muddyboots

I have a similar Lyman peep sight on my Hawkens 54 that is literally 35 years old and it is really amazing how well you can shoot with one. I did add the front globe interchangable so I could change out depending upon conditions. I wouldn't hesitate using a peep sight at all for longer distances with ML. I shoot 200 yards with my old Hawkens with it and on a rifle like the Colorado it would be deadly as all get out! Wish I hadn't seen this thread though, looking it over for a ML in CO as well.

dodgefreak8

Well the paramount colorado and powerbelt elr bullet strikes again.
We spotted this deer at 450 yards away and stalked to 185 yards. Had to wait for him to come down of the top to get a safe shot but once he did it was one and done. Never took a step. The new rear sight is a much better choice as far as adjustability, reliability and repeatability when removed. Pull it off to run an optic and pop it back on and it's zeroed. This isn't a big deer for our area but I've shot my monsters. This one was just plain FUN ac he gave me a perfect opportunity to try this rifle out on game once again.
20201011_082931.jpg
20201011_084523.jpg
20201011_092012.jpg
20201011_115958.jpg

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

Recent Posts