Cutting foam in new rifle case

Why cut it? It then limits you to using the case only for that rifle. I take one of the thicker layers of foam out, put the rifle in a soft case and sandwich the soft cased rifle or shotgun between the two remaining layers of foam. On arrival at my destination I can ditch the clumsy big hard travel case and use the soft case. Doing so I haven't eaten up precious cube toting the soft case along as separate piece of cargo.

Purchased new rifle case need to cut foam to match rifle etc. Tried razor not working. Any suggestions. Thanks.
Use an electric knife and electric fileting knife works best due to the pointed tip...you can cut great detail with it. Trace out your items with felt pen...cut them out and turn the foam over when done...you won't see any ink

Why cut it? It then limits you to using the case only for that rifle. I take one of the thicker layers of foam out, put the rifle in a soft case and sandwich the soft cased rifle or shotgun between the two remaining layers of foam. On arrival at my destination I can ditch the clumsy big hard travel case and use the soft case. Doing so I haven't eaten up precious cube toting the soft case along as separate piece of cargo.
This works well too. I also cut foam, one of the rifles I cut it for, I don't even have anymore. I bought a 3-pack of replacement foam from Amazon for like $50. I can cut out for 3 different rifles if I want to. I think now though, I'll just use a soft case, shove my optics and anything else I need in there with it.

Recent Posts