Cutting Edge damage on game

Oh my Gosh! I've shot deer at 80 yards with a 210 berger impact velocity 3160 FPS and it looks eerily similar to the OPs damage? Too bad my deer didn't know it was supposed to be alive a while to have that kinda damage. Bang flop with mine... shucks I must be doing this whole deer hunting thing wrong
What's your malfunction!! How many animals have you shot with Cutting Edge bullets? The OP asked for experience so that's what I have with better than a dozen kills, what do you have or do you need to phone a friend for experience!!

I have had some for a while for .223 match shooting but not loaded them yet. But that was a great shot bro. WOW!
If they can stay that stable at that altitude and range I may be changing a combination I was thinking about. I really want to capare them side by side to Nosler and Hornady and Berger which I shoot the most of now. I need to get them out and run them though a comparator and weigh each one just to see how good their machining is. Keep posting your hunts! Good Hunting. - JC

What's your malfunction!! How many animals have you shot with Cutting Edge bullets? The OP asked for experience so that's what I have with better than a dozen kills, what do you have or do you need to phone a friend for experience!!
Sorry forgot the 1st amendment didn't apply here. Thought you were allowed to congratulate another shooter. I use other copper bullet brands. Don't get wrapped around the axle. All bullets work due to KE = .5 × m × v2 put them in the right place the animal or the idiot won't know the difference between depleted uranium, solid copper or solid gold. I did have a coyote stop running when my cell phones Hank WIlliams "Your Cheatin' Heart " went off. Truly that was the day solid gold killed that coyote!

Last edited:
Yep that's what I'd say too if I endorsed bullets that fly like a trash can. You can't refute the sketchy at best external ballistics soooooo just talk about something else. I guess the OP made that shot @ 781 yards with something else right? Because CE don't expand. The Internet gods have spoken?
What kinda rifle and caliber shoots trash cans ?
I'd like to watch .

Last edited:
That's a beautiful ram, congrats! My only experience with CE on game wasn't good, a cow elk at 500 yards. Was hit hard behind the shoulder. Couldn't find a drop of blood or her, I felt horrible. Last season I shot my cow with a trash can at 520 yards she dropped in her tracks! Just my 2 cents.

I shot my fist 2 game animals this week with the 125g 6.5 CE lazer and I was pleased. I don't have great data for you guys but results were perfect.
Both on kodiak
Sitka black tail at 80ish yards hit in the back edge of the ribs on a hard quartering away with an exit straight out through the menubrium with a 2" exit. Obviously dead quickly.
Second was a broadside double lung on a mountain goat. 2" intrance and bigger exit
PS....guide was giving me constant **** about weak gun but did not get the opportunity to put Bullets into my animals despite a clear desire to do so.
Here's the instance and exit on the goat

Attachments

• 04897BA7-C4D3-43E4-9BC4-417671E0735A.jpeg
    04897BA7-C4D3-43E4-9BC4-417671E0735A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 131
  • 9983D953-A39B-490D-A3B0-AC2F9C615F22.jpeg
    9983D953-A39B-490D-A3B0-AC2F9C615F22.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 119
Skinning picture is entrance and the full body picture is the exit. I really didn't do autopsy pictures as we were just working to get stuff done before complete dark

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.