Questions on cutting edge bullets

ig25

So I am shooting GA Percision custom 338 LM. I went with a Bartlin 30" barrel with a 1-9.5 twist. I am wanting to shoot the 300 CE single feed bullets. Manufacturer states 1-8.5 twist or faster.
Could I defeat the slower twist rate by pushing the pill faster.
Currently shooting 300 bergers at 2870. With 89 grains of h1000. With the added case capacity I could up the grains to push them faster without the added pressure

Only one way to find out is to try. I was in the same boat and it did work out for me on my .375. That being said what about the 275gr raptor? Good bc but between the lighter weight and the extra fps you can usually get from the bullet design you may end up with a very good projectile. I have not run the numbers but I bet they would be very similar out to 1500 yards with the .275 being a bit flatter. Just a thought.

From 93 grains of retumbo up to 96 I got keyholes. 97 grains got good clean holes but ran into pressure signs

So now I have 40 300 grain paper weights

Last edited:
I would definitely go with what the manufacturer recommends. Especially CEB, all the specs I've seen and used on them have been true. There is a big difference in what an inch can make...

Put the remaining bullets up for sale on here, you never know.

Yeah
I am going to try the 265 or 277 after I get back from my Idaho bear/
Wolf hunt in April. I am getting 1/2" moa now with Amax's. But I feel the rifle can do better. The biggest problem with the rifle is the shooter.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts