Custom varmint rifle

jmcarrol

I'm wanting to buy a custom varmint rifle in 22-250. Prefer tuned rem700 with a 26" barrel.
Thinking about buying a barreled action from RW Snyder. Has anyone went this route?
Do you have any other suggestions?
Not looking to pay over 2300 or so. The RWS barreled action is about 1600. I figured I could buy the stock, add a timely or Jewell & have local smith bed it.

I'm definitely going the custom route.

Whatever...Just trying to save you a grand or more... A lot of the factory Remington varmint barrels will shoot some tight groups if you handload and actually give them a chance.

I had a factory cut (20") and re-crowned Remington .22-250 heavy barrel installed on a trued Model 7 action, bedded into an HS Precision stock, and free-floated, and it would put 3 shot cloverleafs that were ****-near the same hole. When that barrel got shot-out, I rebarreled that rifle to a factory Remington .308 Win barrel cut to 20" and re-crowned, and that barrel WOULD put 3 shots in the same hole.

Don't knock it till you've tried it... But, if you want to go custom, be my guest.

Did they do the entire gun or did you go with their barreled action and finish the rest on your own

Yes and no. I got the truedrem700 from them. I got a pac-nor barrel sent all that back to them to chamber the barrel. I did the manners stock with the mini chassy then beaded it my self. I Did the trigger also.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.