Howa Axiom Varmint Rifle

Bowhunter57

The "package" deal that is offered with this rifle has a decent powered scope, in a 4x16x44...called a Nikko Stirling, which I know nothing about and have never heard of them. This may be one of my considerations for my next varmint rifle.
smiley_bril.gif

Legacy Sports - Axiom Varminter Scope Package

Does anyone own this rifle or know anyone that does?
What are your thoughts on the Axiom Varmint?

Thank you, Bowhunter57

Back in the day, I was highly considering one of these buggers. They are pretty cool. I have shot and used a Howa action before. With some trigger work, they are very smooth, accurate rifles. I have not used the Axiom stock, but have heard they work well. I guess its one of those things you have to get used too. The main reason I stick with Savage is the ability to work on them myself. If I could tune a Howa as easily as a Savage, I would go that route. But as to your question, go for it. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the quality of rifle.

As for the scope, give it a try. If you don't like it, use it as a target for the next scope you replace it with!:D

Tank

A couple guys over on 204ruger.com have Howas and swear by 'em. I've considered buying just an action and going from there, but am not sure who all makes stocks for Howa. Package "deals" usually include a scope that gets pitched anyway; I once owned what I believe was a re- badged Nikko-Stirling, and frankly it was no better than the BSA name it wore: after a while the adjustments quit working and the reticle turned to dust.
I can understand the thinking behind the Axiom stock, but the price would have to be much better to make me like its looks.

A couple guys over on 204ruger.com have Howas and swear by 'em. I've considered buying just an action and going from there, but am not sure who all makes stocks for Howa. Package "deals" usually include a scope that gets pitched anyway; I once owned what I believe was a re- badged Nikko-Stirling, and frankly it was no better than the BSA name it wore: after a while the adjustments quit working and the reticle turned to dust.
I can understand the thinking behind the Axiom stock, but the price would have to be much better to make me like its looks.
Any stock that will fit a Weatherby Vangaurd, will fit a Howa in the appropriate length.

Thanks for confirming the Weatherby/Howa stock interchangeability.
Also, I should have stated those are barreled actions Howa sells.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.