Custom/semi-custom

Is the origin worth the extra cost though

How much is a Tikka long action? As I said earlier I would get an Origin just for the ease of barrel supply and bolt face change but also being 700 footprint you have a lot of stock and trigger choices. All depends on your funds and cost and needs though. Just didn't want you to regret a purchase down the road.

Short Barrel Velocity, IS,.. 2000 FPS @ 1,000 yds = a 1,000 Yard, MAXIMUM, Range, at 6,000 -7,000 ft. Elev. for an, Elk Rifle,.. IMO
2,000 FPS is, MY Minimum, Bullet OPENING, Velocity for, adequate, Kill Range, on,.. Elk & Shiras Moose, sized, Big Game.
I'd probably, "Cap" this at, 900 yards to be,.. Safe,.. THEN, practice, a LOT and Learn how to,.. Read,.. WIND !
My son, is building, a 24 Incher for, THIS,.. very reason !

Last edited:
Is the origin worth the extra cost thot

The origin will offer you more availability for heavier bullets in your seating depths Attica is going to limit the depth that you're going to be able to seat heavy bullets

$500? Wow.......where?
I have bought 3, L-H, T-3, SS, Tikka's, in the last 5 years and have Paid between,.. $ 625 and $735 each for, the WHOLE Rifle and, $10 to $20 for after Mkt, Trigger Springs to, get Timney Trigger Like,.. Pulls.
Add a Limb Saver and a Cheek Riser,.. DONE
Proof and Preferred Barrels, makes,.. 7 PRC / 7 SAUM, Barrels for,. them IF, you want,.. a "Cheapie", Semi-Custom.
Check, J/A outdoors for,. Tikka Actions

Last edited:
I have bought 3, L-H, T-3, SS, Tikka's, in the last 5 years and have Paid between,.. $ 625 and $735 each for, the WHOLE Rifle and, $10 to $20 for after Mkt, Trigger Springs to, get Timney Trigger Like,.. Pulls.
Add a Limb Saver and a Cheek Riser,.. DONE
And Proof and Preferred Barrels, makes,.. 7 PRC / 7 SAUM, Barrels for,. them IF, you want,.. a "Cheapie", Semi-Custom.
Check, J/A outdoors for,. Tikka Actions
If that's the case you would be better off to buy the rifle and sell the parts. J/A outdoors shows a price of $899 for the ss Tikka mag action.

The origin will offer you more availability for heavier bullets in your seating depths Attica is going to limit the depth that you're going to be able to seat heavy bullets

Why, can you explain.

And yes it's 850-899 depending on your choice but it includes bottom metal, trigger and mag. So I was only including the value of the action by saying "half"

Why, can you explain.
I'm sure you said you don't handload so it shouldn't be an issue, but if you began handloading seating your bullets a little closer to the lands won't load in the Tikka. I think you can do some milling to help with the feeding.

Short Barrel Velocity, IS,.. 2000 FPS @ 1,000 yds = a 1,000 Yard, MAXIMUM, Range, at 6,000 -7,000 ft. Elev. for an, Elk Rifle,.. IMO
2,000 FPS is, MY Minimum, Bullet OPENING, Velocity for, adequate, Kill Range, on,.. Elk & Shiras Moose, sized, Big Game.
I'd probably, "Cap" this at, 900 yards to be,.. Safe,.. THEN, practice, a LOT and Learn how to,.. Read,.. WIND !
My son, is building, a 24 Incher for, THIS,.. very reason !

Short being 24" or 20"? Sorry for all the questions im new.

Recent Posts