Custom Load Work

snox801

Anybody got any recommendations for a smith that could work up a load for a rifle of mine. I am getting to busy to spend the appropriate time needed to get it right. So if anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate it thanks again.

Wish I could find a reloading expert close to Charleston WV to help me loadwork my 6.5-284 with berger 140 VLD hunting bullets. I've tried everything I can to get it to stop getting flyers and cannot get it to group with no flyers. I'd like to get the Bergers to shoot only because of the high BC and higher velocity I can get with them. They should extend my effective range to 1000 plus. Right now I have worked up a load that shoots incredible with Nosler ballistic tips to shoot this season, but the velocity is only 2820 fps and with the lower BC I will only have reliable expansion to 700 yards. This nosler load does shoot 1 ragged hole at 100 yards and sub 1.5" at 500. Yes I know that's great, but the range is not what I want.

Maybe I should just leave well enough alone and buy another gun to get to 1000+

CALL BRIAN AT SHOOT Long .com
HE IS TRUSTWORTHY FAIR AND HONEST
WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN AND IS TOTALLY RELIABLE. (801) 427-1126

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.