Curio/Relic license. Quick and easy! A "Light Version of your own FFL!"

Marplot

Just got my Curio/Relic license. It allows me to buy guns, even metallic cartridge guns online, sent straight to me. Guns have to be older than 50 years. So about anything made before 1974.

It is a "light" version of an FFL license. "FFL Class 03." But UNDERSTAND that you cannot be a dealer! Your are a "Curio Collector," for your own personal use

Simple and cheap to get. I filled out a form, sent them $30 and a month later I have my license. No fingerprints. No passport-type pictures. Nobody coming to my home to check out my "facilities." Just came in the mail and I email it to online businesses and they send my guns straight to me.

Rock Island Auction has my license and are sending two guns to me in the mail!

Since most of the guns I like are older than 1974, that I am very happy

Last edited:
I've had one since Clinton made it more difficult for an individual to have an ffl, I've only used it a handful of times to purchase surplus or old guns but it definitely helps when you sell any gun on the internet, I always add the fact in my add, I believe it helps the buyer in knowing that I'm a reputable person who has passed a federal background check. It's not the same as a type 1 ffl, doesn't have the same benefits but it's cheap and nice to have

I've had one since Clinton made it more difficult for an individual to have an ffl, I've only used it a handful of times to purchase surplus or old guns but it definitely helps when you sell any gun on the internet, I always add the fact in my add, I believe it helps the buyer in knowing that I'm a reputable person who has passed a federal background check. It's not the same as a type 1 ffl, doesn't have the same benefits but it's cheap and nice to have
Another good idea to have one.