Crow was eatin' my corn!! Not anymore!!

Huntinfool

These crows are very wary down here I guess they've been shot at a few times for raidin' people's crops.

I finally got my crosshairs on one long enough to squeeze off a good shot. He was 183 yards away I lasered the range after the shot. There's not much left to hang up in the field but I guess enough to keep them out!

The .223 Encore is really doin' well for me. That's 13 for 13 shots from my deck on starlings and one crow! Oh yeah my portable shootin' bench is doin' a cracker jack job also!

183yardcrow001res.jpg

That little 50 grain Sierra left one leg and one wing both hangin' by a thread. Hamburgered most of his body good thing I don't eat crow cause they wasn't enough left to fill my holler tooth!

183yardcrow004res.jpg

~HF~

Good for you. Look's like a nice setup. A crow is a pretty small target. Even smaller after the first hit... ;)

Huntinfool,

Glad to see all things worked together for you!!!!!!! Good Shooting! :)

Buffalobob says they're good eating !
Looks ok i guess.

I house sat for my cousin while they went to disney world they "had' crows just-a-strut'n in their yard -non-shooters you know.
Well these were the big magnum crows that look so beautiful in a good riflescope ,first day i killed three ,shot from inside the house w/a cz 17hmr.
Second day got two more -one at 165 big step/yards -he tumbled down through the tree a hit every limb on the way down -it was great.

Good shooting -nice T/C.

They eat too much road kill for me to want to eat them!

His brother came around lookin' for him today! I'm afraid he is also takin' a dirt nap! LOL!

That little .223 is 17 for 17 so far!

Here's what it looks like off my deck.

Crowthruscope005res.jpg

Here's what I saw after the shot, the scope is set on about 18X.

Crowthruscope001cr.jpg

Here's what I saw when I stepped up to the crow who was 185 yards away!

Crowthruscope008res.jpg

~HF~

Gotta love what the 223 does to small critters. My crows must be smarter than yours:). They usually are hiding behind my 600 yard target.
I doubt crows like clover chicory or alfalfa, but apparently they like somthing that does like these plant. I cannot keep them shot off my range......but it is fun trying.

Corn fed crows are pretty good eating. Of course it would help if you were a better shot and didn't ruin so much meat. :D

If you like more flavor then the ones that pick their corn out of the cow pies will taste a little different.

LOL!

The same corn pickin' crows also will eat carion around here! Besides I eat enough of the figurative crow as it is! LOL!:D

~HF~

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.