Crossbow Shooters - What are you shooting?

I shoot two Parkers, a Buckbuster 150 and Hurricane 175. Both wear Hawke optics.

I'm getting 360fps from the Hurricane and 317fps from the BB. Both are extremely accurate, enough to aim at seperate dots @30.

Running 20" GT L2s w/ brass inserts and custom 2" vanes for 26% FOC with 125grn heads. Both shoot well less than an inch at 30 with some groups coming in at less than 1/2"(Yes, pulling each arrow before the next).

Been mixing Slick Tricks w/ Spit Fires for BHs. The STs work well, but leave little blood at times. The SFs have lacked in penetration, but cut a darn big hole.

I shoot the Desert Stryker ...It has been upgraded at the factory up to a Stryker 380!! How did this one of a kind crossbow come out you may ask??? Well, I started having trouble with the trigger pull,,it was getting out of hand so hard to pull...My Archery Pro sent it off to the factory,,,6 weeks later it came back,,BAD news it was not fixed,,trigger pull so bad it took two fingers!! Almost!! My Archery Pro kept it until his BowTech rep came in and he let him shoot it!! The BowTech rep took my crossbow with him and a week later I had a one of kind Desert Stryker with a 380 Stryker make up!!! I love it now...It shoots a solid 370-372fps ..Killed several Whitetails with it...A little on the heavy side...I think that the real 380 will be lighted,,,difference in stocks...

175# Horton Legend with one pin and the factory peep sight. 20" Horton Carbon Strike arrows, 498grs with 100gr field points. Horton claimed 300 fps with 400gr arrows. I'll chronograph it just out of curiosity. It's the first crossbow I've ever had or shot.

Noise is subjective, but it seems very quiet with the carbon arrows. Maybe get to hunt with it this fall. 90gr 1 1/4" 3 blade Satellite broadheads.

Meantime, I had to start shooting one arrow per aim point.

Tom

Barnett Ghost 350 pkg.; changed over to Parker Red Hot arrows; 125 gr. Muzzy MX3 broadheads; Barnett pkg. scope; Limbsaver split limb inserts. This is my first crossbow and I will work with the basics and change as needed to give improvement.

Excal Equinox with Excal Lumalux Scope over an HHA Precision Optimizer and an Aim Point Accu Draw installed in the stock, a true hybrid if I may say so myself!

TenPoint Turbo XLT, 100 gr. Spitfire Maxx broadheads. Shoots exact point of aim as field points, very accurate, & I'm very satisfied!

i'll be using a barnett C5 crossbow this year with the excalibur scope setting on the rail and RAGE crossbow broadheads to bringem' down..dead accurate out to 50 yards but i've never tried any farther..probably won't shoot at a deer farther than 30 yards though,well maybe 40.... lol

Excalibur Exomag with Flemish string optics by Hawke, over bow quiver bracket by Horizontal Archery, bottom side Picatinny rail accessory rail, & Browning rubber nonslip sling.
Bolts start at 318 FPS and drop off to 293 FPS at 50 yards

I just last week acquired a Strykezone 350 package. I'm getting geared up for sight-in and testing bolt and broadhead combinations. I'm hoping my 100 grain Thunderheads work so I can interchange broadheads with my compound bow. I'm even going to give my Bear Razorheads a shot or two. As for bolts, I've got the Goldtip Laser II's that came with the package and some Red Hots that my hunting partner gave up on. Hard work man, just plain drudgery.

Finally had a chance to sight in the SZ 350 this morning. Tried the Laser II's that came with it and some Red Hots. For broadheads: Thunderhead 100 grains; and some El Cheapo Eastman heads that are 125 grains and are styled like slick tricks etc...

My wish came true, the thunderheads shot quite well with the Laser II shafts, as did the Eastman heads. The Red Hots were poor with both heads which may be a result of the nocks. They are not half moons but "capture nocks. I may replace them with half moons to see if it helps.
Dead nuts accurate with the Lasers with 2 inch group at 40 yds. I have the scope that came with the package and it works fine. The center circle is dead on from 20 - 30yds and the next circle down shoots perfect at 40 yds. For grins I'm going to see where the next circle places my shot and I expect it shoud be close at 50.

I must say that the trigger is excellent. No creep and breaks as clean or better than my rifle triggers break. With the sucess using the Thunderheads, I can spend my time shooting rather than seeking the holy grail of shaft broadhead combos for this rig

. Can't hardly wait until October 1st.