Coyote rifles...let’s see them..and which stock for mine?

B&C or Mcmillan

• B&C

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • McMIllan

Votes: 61 84.7%

• Total voters
And for good measure.....another 6x47 Lapua:

9UcAOKV.jpg

Here's a couple of mine, in action:

ARC Nucleus in a KRG Bravo chassis, Hawk hill 223 Rem pre-fit barrel. Dry stand, but great scenery and a nice rock to sit on. Gonna try that one again another day, it just looks too good not to eventually produce:

Coyote2.jpeg

Coyote4.jpeg

Seekins Precision IMRT-3 Upper, V3 handguard, & SP223 Gen 2 lower, Barrel from RPG in 243 LBC (6.5 Grendel necked down to 6mm). Fresh pics from yesterday, including the mandatory gore pic... 365 yards, 95 gr VLD @ 2950 fps...:

Coyote3.jpeg

Coyote1.jpeg

Believe it or not, theres actually sagebrush somewhere under that snow...

Last edited:
Ordered the manners EH1 for my coyote build...wound up deciding to go with the B&C M40 for the RUM.
RUM goes everywhere with me...I'd hate the idea of banging up a 6-$700 stock hunting elk and whatever else. My RUM is also untamed...so I like the idea of the full length bedding aluminum block

.223 will do all that. Bullet selection is awesome and if you hand load its eveneasier to find that fur friendly load. If you choose to go the semi auto route the AR15 is an excellent platform. Accuracy is just as good as.with bolt action and follow up shots or.multiples are No issue since you have up to 30 rounds on tap Low recoil so you can see.the impacts.as.well.

Here's my first AR yote. First one with my handloads. Not sure if the bad shot placement was to blame for the big hole or the bullet/load combo it's to blame. Once I shoot a few more I'll know for sure

.223 will do all that. Bullet selection is awesome and if you hand load its eveneasier to find that fur friendly load. If you choose to go the semi auto route the AR15 is an excellent platform. Accuracy is just as good as.with bolt action and follow up shots or.multiples are No issue since you have up to 30 rounds on tap Low recoil so you can see.the impacts.as.well.

Here's my first AR yote. First one with my handloads. Not sure if the bad shot placement was to blame for the big hole or the bullet/load combo it's to blame. Once I shoot a few more I'll know for sure

Pic didnt come through

My 22 cal 950 fps, 30 fpe coyote air rifle with HHA tilt scope mount and recoil free scope rail . This air gun is so quiet I can kill every coyote in the group without them running off . Good for day time hunting from a tree stand but even better at night with a night vision scope cam . Yes that big thing at the end of the barrel is a silencer and it works great .

Attachments

• IMG_1951-3.jpg
    IMG_1951-3.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Where is the 'smoked a whole pack with a BB gun' pic?
A bb is a .177 caliber a 22 cal is bigger than a bb . the 22 cal pellets can weigh any where from 14.3 to 33.96 grains in the diabolo shape for a airguns , slugs can weigh even more . There is a big difference in a .177 cal and a 22 cal . A bb size or .177 cal lead pellet can weigh up to 16.20 grains . Any caliber bigger than a .177 cal is not called a bb. A hard round bb is not used in a rifled barrel air gun . Night hunting with a air rifle is not legal where I live so no night photos unless I go to the next state over and that's a once a year trip . I never take photos of anything I kill ,not even deer but I will try to take some this year of coyotes and post them to your name . I don't know anyone that takes photos of dead coyotes its like taking a photo of dead squirrels . Its not like they have racks on them to measure like you would on a deer . You don't mount them as far as I know anyways . I can see people taking photos of deer and fish but a coyote ? But if that's what your into I'll take a few pics for you . Just so you know airguns are legal to use to kill deer in my state 35 cal or bigger . When you read that the airgun is a 22 cal and produces 30 fpe at almost 1,000fps calling it a bb gun just makes you look stupid . Air guns have come a long way in the past 10 years and every year they are getting even more powerful and are used for hunting all sizes of animals from squirrels to a south Africa black wildebeest using a 357 cal and bigger . Here is a video of a 30 cal air gun with a night scope just to give you a idea what a airgun can do to a coyote and no a 30 cal is not a bb gun either .

Last edited:
Here in NW FL on the farm most of my shots are 50 yards or less and running, so I prefer the 391 20ga with 3 inch #3 buck. This is my fox, yote, etc gun. That is a 24 inch barrel with a bright white pad actuated light.
Ed
F69D1172-6522-4070-B02A-82C21411DA56.jpeg

Are you worried about weight, price? Grayboe has some great options just not the lightest, great price. If you want a lighter stock Mcmillan on edge tech, manners elite carbon, Mesa arms attitude stock is very light.