Coyote hunting tips

I hunt turkey roost areas first and second stand of the morning and I use a slate or box call. We usually hunt the river bottoms and lakes from high spots with bait and a decoy mid- day check your local laws.
Talk to your livestock farmers. They will want you around if you prove to be a worthy person to slow em down. They will also know where and when they most often come from

Sixty yards is too far for a 12 gauge 3.5" 00 Buck. Shot one today. He spun circling and biting at his side. Then disappeared in the heavy cover. Waited and then looked for hours. I am sure he will die, however, there is nothing hanging on the lodge pole. Hate it.

Try setting up the call and decoy the night before. You will be able to get in the area without all the noise. Get within about 30 yards and start your sequence. This works great in heavy cover on the really wise ones.

Coyote hunting tips. Please no discussions or stories just straight out tips and techniques.Example

Always carry a shotgun or better yet a shot gunner with you.

Cliff Notes ---- I hoped this would be the Cliff Notes for Coyote hunting. Please give me some help.

Dogs hunt with ears, eyes, and finally nose. Maybe not the dumb young pups early in the season, but if they survive and grow up, they learn this lesson well. They will confirm with their nose what they are hearing and seeing, which is why they almost always approach from down wind. We can never eliminate our scent, but do everything you can to lesson it. Don't wash your clothes in laundry detergents, you can make great "scent free" laundry soaps out of baking soda and ivory soap. Many youtube videos are available on this. Don't have your nice clean coat hanging up in the kitchen and fry bacon for breakfast, you can smell it for days. If you can smell your buddy, or he can smell you, the dogs will smell you miles away.

At least somebody is grinnin. It usually isn't funny when cows screw up a stand, and horses can be bad too.

I've actually had far better luck patterning the coyotes and setting an ambush. Coyotes usually have a routine of where they go when the sun comes up and ranchers start making the rounds. You can pluck more coyotes out of a pack this way than you can calling. I have been ambushing one honey hole for 4 years now and they are just now figuring it out. You get better shot opportunities too. Called in coyotes know your exact location and can split at any second. Ambushing coyotes gives you shots when the coyote is more relaxed.