Coyote calling Ak

dogbuster0006

Planning on doing some calling jan2 in the anchorage/Ft Rich area for yotes and fox. If anyone wants to come along or has any good spots they'd like to try within an hr of anchorage area I'm game. I've got calls only thing here so far are mouth calls, to hunt on post must use a shotgun and have a rec permit for the base. Shoot me a pm we will hash out the details I plan on rolling out 930-10am that morning once I get off work and hunting till we are either frozen or tired of skinning. If you have secret honey holes I promise to keep them that way never been once to exploit someone's kindness, will not return with out them. Thanks and happy hunting.

Hey, that sounds great but it's to far for me to drive. It is about 183 miles from my place to Ft Rich. . It's pretty warm in there so you should be fine. Just dress and eat for the cold. Seems like
Up in the Palmer area, some of the AG. areas there should be some good predator population. . It would be like calling in North Dakota or Montana. I don't think I've ever hunted in that area. But I've heard coyotes howl in both Palmer and Wasilla.

Thanks for the info and yeah that's quite a haul. I know there are a few gma in the palmer/wasilla area there are a few south of anchorage too. I've been trying to read and study the area as much as possible.

Ive got a partner in crime for this wkend, we are getting a 3 day and willing to take a little ride if it means a reasonable chance at success. I'm dying to try this new 243 out and haven't had any luck yet this yr. Only been twice but my buddies don't quite understand sneaky and quite, they've done lots of waterfowling and just don't get it... If you've got any good spots you'd be willing to share that are roughly half way between us and willing to drive we would be down. PM me we can hash out the details

My problem is I still don't have a good snow machine. . We've had a bunch of snow and getting around is a problem . With the rabbit die off I haven't seen one all winter yet. I don't know where they "coyotes" are.
I know what you mean about hunting with gallutes. Too many guys act like they are going to a ball game and act like it when on stand. If they don't see action right away they start yackin . Do u have a snow machine? ?

They just don't understand the whole quiet thing, I've tried and tried, the only snow machines we have are attached to boots, they aren't fast but they sure are reliable never had one not start in cold weather for us.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.