Couple of new Hammer Bullets

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
Announcing a couple of new Hammers. These are in the .375cal designed for 1-13" twist barrels or faster. They will work great in the factory twist rifles up through the big boys. We have a Hammer Hunter and Dead Blow Hammer. The Hammer Hunter will retain apx 75% just like the rest of the Hammer Hunters. The Dead Blow Hammer is designed to retain 40% of its weight. That will create 3 or 4 nose petals out of the 179g of shed weight. Testing shows the petals to stay with the retained bullet shank in a 2"-4" pattern creating a large wound channel but still not doing the kind of meat damage that frangible lead core bullets make due to the fact that shed weight stays in relatively large pieces and not disintegrated tiny pieces that cause large amounts of lost meat. And don't forget the fact that Hammer Bullets are non-toxic and will not contaminate your meat unnecessarily.

We are working on a full line of Dead Blow Hammers that will be out soon. They will be made in the same designs as Hammer Hunters as well as Sledge Hammers. Depending on the size and caliber of the Dead Blow Hammer they will all have 40%-50% weight retention. We are excited about this line of bullets as they will be a great option for those hunters who like their hunting bullets to shed more of their weight on impact and spread shock of the impact in a larger area. With the retained portion of the bullet taking on the same form as our other bullets they will have no trouble penetrating deep enough on our North American game animals even when the shot is not perfectly broadside.

You guys that are already using Hammer Bullets and would like to use the Dead Blow Hammers they will only be 1 or 2 grains lighter and will load in place of your current Hammer with out any alterations.

I'll post a pic of the new .375 shortly.

Steve

Here is a pic.

37279DB.jpg

Steve

Awesome..... I have a 12 tw Brux barrel that is pizzing me off, wanted to yank it and throw on a faster tw but the darn thing shoots so good I just can't bring myself to mess with , Brux Barrels are impressive.... currently shooting 320gr MTH bullets at 2800 fps and they stabilize well out to 500 yards (as far as I shot them) and shoot nice little 3 shot touching clusters at 100 yards,

What bullet weight you doing first ? I'd be interested in giving a bull moose a hard time with one this fall

Awesome..... I have a 12 tw Brux barrel that is pizzing me off, wanted to yank it and throw on a faster tw but the darn thing shoots so good I just can't bring myself to mess with , Brux Barrels are impressive.... currently shooting 320gr MTH bullets at 2800 fps and they stabilize well out to 500 yards (as far as I shot them) and shoot nice little 3 shot touching clusters at 100 yards,

What bullet weight you doing first ? I'd be interested in giving a bull moose a hard time with one this fall

We have our 329g Hammer Hunter that is designed for the 12" twist that we will be making into a Dead Blow Hammer. Or are you thinking about going with the lighter 279g that we just finished? They are ready to order on the website now. I just have not gotten the photos published on the website yet. The 280g bullet would get you pretty close to 3000fps I'm guessing.

Let me know what bullet class you are thinking and I'll get it ready for you.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.