County sheriff letter

here are two links to help here , from off the ATF's site!

I don't see how there could be any liability on their part. If they are smart they ship it certified or other means of trackin
I don't see how there could be any liability on their part. If they are smart they ship it certified or other means of tracking.
After school shootings law suits are filed. When someone dies from a firearm, lawyers look for people who may possibly pay out. They are not worried about the purchaser.

from my understanding and again from back in the 90's, it was done to allow law enforcement in the county you lived in KNOW who had full auto weapons and the likes, nothing about liability, just a sort of, way of letting the local sheriff know who had weapons of such!
Times have changed and people sue at the drop of a hat. There is an intended purpose of the notification and also steps FFLS to take to try and stay in business. I'd never suggest anyone become an FFL, high risk and low profits. The ATF has a zero tolerance policy now and FFLS are being threatened for minor (clerical) infractions. You can have a sub oar employee make mistakes that cause you to lose an entire business. You can sell to someone legally allowed to own a firearm, doing nothing wrong and be forced out of business.