Could have had one today

pacowboy

Amazing day in the trees stand this morning.I could have had a Pa archery bear but left this guy walk. Broadside at about 10 yards and never knew I was there. The reward for letting him/her walk was getting to watch this bear for over an hour eating acorns and it was never more than 60 yards away. Sometimes I could hear it crunching the acorns and my hearing is t the best. Now if I could only see his big daddy that would be cool. On a side note I have harvested 2 Pa bears with a rifle and both were estimated at 165lb live weight. This guy was no where near that. I'm guessing around 100lb. What a show he put on though walking on logs, laying down or sitting like a dog, eating acorns. Was a blessed day.

Attachments

• IMG_0309.jpeg
    IMG_0309.jpeg
    511.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0316.jpeg
    IMG_0316.jpeg
    552.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0315.jpeg
    IMG_0315.jpeg
    542.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0312.jpeg
    IMG_0312.jpeg
    511.5 KB · Views: 97
Bears can be very entertaining. I have two that are not. They like to follow me in the woods and one will keep coming at you even after you have hit it in the head with sticks. Luckily the bears that are giving trouble are 250 and under. This one is just a little bigger, but will not make a daytime appearance. Bear season starts here Sat.

Attachments

• bear.png
    bear.png
    426.1 KB · Views: 34