Cotton Ball With Ashes Fire Starter - No Match Needed

If I'm ever in a position that things are that drastic that I need to make a fire using this method, just shoot me and end the misery. A good hack I'm sure, but they always have perfect weather while proving that it works, I guarantee that the weather won't be cooperating when you need it
...survival instinct at its best ~ as you prepare for a bear hunt you assume you'll be mauled and shoot yourself before leaving camp.

I still carry small 5 minute flares that double for signaling plus can light anything under any condition at 2,000°!
Remember when those road flares were in every trunk. See a good pileup, jump out open the trunk, and light em a couple flares!! No charge fellas. Rigs had drum brakes on every corner, you'd see some serious tin bending most every Friday and Saturday nite.

If you take Cottonballs and work petroleum jelly into them they make amazingly good tinder. Just one will burn long enough to get damp material burnin. But a lighter or other method to get it burning. Carry the cotton balls in a zip lock.
The wife and I take drier lent and mix petroleum jelly and stuff it into used plastic coffee containers and we save them for emergencies.
Can start a fire so quick it will scare you and lasts for a long time.

You do realize you have to touch the "ashes"? I am not sure I would want to wander down that paranormal path? Payback might be waiting to regenerate? Scary stuff my friend! 😱
🤔🧙‍♀️ You are right, the heat could regenerate life in a witch. I'll stay with pinecones dipped in melted wax and rolled in old gun powder for my fire starters.