Cooper varmint extreme 220 swift

My dad had several Cooper varmint rifles. Quality on all was impeccable, and every one shot sub 1'2" at 100yds. Gorgeous wood stocks on a couple, but even the ones in glass stocks were awful purdy!

Shoot it...you will love the performance of the Swift on paper and critters. Just got back from Montana where I shot my best antelope to date as well as making coyote chow out of a bunch of prairie dogs with my 8 twist Swift.

Thanks guys for the kind comments. I still have the rifle and still haven't shot it yet. I have a lot of other varmint rifles that I can use and really haven't shot many of them.
And I bet it does shoot nice. I have several other Coopers and all of them can shoot better than what I can shoot them.
A gun dealer just told me a few days ago that Cooper rifles under new ownership have raised their prices 40%.

I purchased this new for a Prairie Dog hunt a few years ago but that hunt fell through. In the mean time I have picked up several more varmint rifles so I think that I will leave this one new unfired.
Been thinking about sending it back to Cooper to have a Skeleton Butt Plate installed to match the one on the pistol grip.

View attachment 125873 View attachment 125874 View attachment 125875 View attachment 125876 View attachment 125877
That my friend is one righteous rifle, blue steel, and wood, the workmanship looks over the top, can it get much better? NO! Congrats. The cherry on the cake, "drum roll please"... .220 Swift! Be still my heart. Cheers.

40%??? as long as people keep paying these prices they will keep raising them.
I guess most folks know that Cooper got bought out by Nighthawk Custom LLC. You have to wonder if they will have the same quality. I wonder if original Coopers will be more sought after? I've had 4 of them but only have 2 now. My Jackson Game (.25-06) I got in 2011 and my Custom Classic (.243) I got in 2016. Both shoot great and look very nice.

That's a great Swift you have. You are wise to hold on to it but you should consider giving it some love at the range and using it to eradicate vermin in style.

Coopers look so sexy next to dead varmints!
IMG_7727.jpeg

My 220 is kinda Spartan a flat top early md77 tricked out and mated to a Mark Chanylann ss/26 # 2.5 conture 1-14 twist with a radial brake in a synthetic forget the name don't matter,trigger Waite for it a Canjar set trigger that push's forward and the little set gizmo pops out and that's in ounces. Yeah the Swift is still King of Swing 😉😆🥳 ,cheers.