Sako S491 Varmint 22PPC USA

AtteL

Here my old, original varmint rifle:
picture.php

There is not at all any aftermarket modifications, only adjusted trigger with wider fingerbar. Zeiss Victory 6-24x56 with illuminated reticle#43, Optilock ringmounts, Weaver Polarcaps and Harris pipod.
picture.php

That is one beautiful rifle! Those little Sako actions are jewels! Also, the wood on your rifle is about the best I've seen on a Sako.

I have a Vixen in .223 that belonged to my uncle and I cherish it. My friend has two Sakos like yours, one in 22 PPC and one in 6PPC. Those are the most accurate off-the-shelf rifles I've ever seen (they even beat my Savage BVSS-S).

Congratulations on a fine rifle!

Moro Sami! Hauska että tääl kuulee suomeekin..:D
Once in a while even I speak Finnish. What are you using the SAKO for? Do you hunt grouse (teeri, metso) with it? Would be perfect for that task. I have a 6PPC benchrest gun, I can only imagine what a 22PPC would do taking down a few grouse from a distance. That is a sweet setup! I have a 3-12x56 Victory Diavari on my SAKO AIII (7RM) and I am hoping my next Varmint rig will have the same scope you're wearing on yours. Best (hunting) glass money can buy!

Once in a while even I speak Finnish. What are you using the SAKO for? Do you hunt grouse (teeri, metso) with it? Would be perfect for that task. I have a 6PPC benchrest gun, I can only imagine what a 22PPC would do taking down a few grouse from a distance. That is a sweet setup! I have a 3-12x56 Victory Diavari on my SAKO AIII (7RM) and I am hoping my next Varmint rig will have the same scope you're wearing on yours. Best (hunting) glass money can buy!

This rifle is somekind of general use. First scope on the top was Leupold BR36x but hunting was almost impossible, really narrow view with ultra thin crosshair reticle...so I get only one grouse with that...otherwise targetshooting on daylight that sight was really good.

That´s true, I´m very satisfied for that scope, no needed to change it to any other, never.

-Atte-

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.