Cooper 92 6.5-284 gaining accuracy

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by smoked, Nov 22, 2017.

1. smoked

smoked Well-Known Member

Sent mine off last Wednesday. Havent heard anything

2. Partnerr

Partnerr Member

A little off the subject, a lot of pros and cons on cooper's. I've coveted them for a long time. Wondered about your opinion on a wilson savage prefit barrel. There out there pretty reasonably priced. Comments ?

3. ovastafford

ovastafford Well-Known Member

I recently bought a Cooper 92 Backcountry in 6.5-284. Best group with handloads was .3” at 100 yards with 140 Berger elite hunters and H4350 pushing them 2890. Crazy how well they shoot considering how light the rifle is. Can’t wait to pack it this year hunting.

Sykes likes this.
  4. Sykes

Sykes Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Any update on your rifle from cooper? Mine is doing the same thing not ejecting the brass, sometimes case sticking in the chamber also. Doesn't take much to tap the out but it's frustrating me. I emailed them last week, haven't heard back

5. smoked

smoked Well-Known Member

I havent heard anything.

6. Sykes

I talked to Glen on the phone and Andrew finally replied to my email. Both feel its the extractor and asked for the bolt .I Sent it in Monday . They said that would get it back right away.

7. smoked

smoked Well-Known Member

I just emailed Andrew. We will see how it goes. I might buy an AR50 A1 this weekend just because. Hope it puts more smiles on my face than my cooper so far.

8. smoked

smoked Well-Known Member

Cooper finally replied and have not touched the rifle. Its been awhile. They must have an extremely long line of warranty work getting done.

9. ovastafford

ovastafford Well-Known Member

Wow that sucks!

10. Sykes

If I remember right we had some similar issues. My ended up having a bent extractor. Hope it fixes mine

smoked likes this.
  11. smoked

smoked Well-Known Member

Pretty sure thats what is wrong with mine too

12. smoked

smoked Well-Known Member

Talked with a Cooper rep. They apologized for taking so long and said they would mail me something. Not sure what it is yet.

13. Sykes

Hopefully a rifle!

smoked likes this.
  14. smoked

smoked Well-Known Member

They mailed me a slip over scope cover like a coozie and some stickers. I think I am going to ask them to send it back to me so I can send it to a smith for repair and re barrel since they cant seem to get to it. They must have an extremely long line of warranty claims.