cooper 6.5 284 norma

Have you looked at the Rapid-Z calculator? Go to: Welcome to Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc.,
and log into the calculator. Follow the instructions and it will tell you what you want to know. Since the Conquest is a second focal plane scope, if I don't misunderstand the
the principal, you can reduce the power somewhere below 20 and the hash mark subtentions will increase somewhat. If I'm understanding it right, then you might be able to use one of them for your 1000 yd target.

Yes id did seem to hash my way through it. The calculator has my power set on 12.4. I haven't had the chance to test it out on the range yet. I will get some different loads worked up first. First a batch of the 130 grain berger vld's, then 140's, and different grains of H4831sc starting with 48.5grns and working up to 50.5. Possibly 51 but I'm really not looking for super speed, just tight groups. Thank you.

rscott5028
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! I might have to if my fiance finds the price tag from it. The question I had to ask myself,- honeymoon or rifle,- well, it's a great rifle, and to find it in a lefty, I just couldn't resist!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts