Consine indicator from snipertools.com on left hander

Nic308

I own a REM 700 .308 left hand. I have a picatilly rail with Leupold scope on it. I am thinking of getting the cosine indicator with rail mount but will it interfere at all with the operation / ejection of my left hand bolt?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, you can rotate the indicator scale around so it will work on the lh gun.

While these things are very cool, you may not need it. I bought one and quickly discovered that the only way you will need it is if on VERY uneven terrain. I have no use for it here in OK, but it makes me look like I know what I'm doing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!

If you are going to use a LB/LP gun and want to mount the ACI on the right hand side then the quote below by "W" should be of interest to you. "W" is the manufacturer of the ACI units. You can use the search function and find a lot of data on the ACI. Like Bill stated, it sounds like you could reverse it or contact him and have him make you a left handed unit.

===================================================================================================================
Re: Cosine Indicator

The wheel can be reversed, however it is better to utilize a wheel that is made for a lefty because of the interior design. If I have advance notice, I can manufacture "special order", a left handed version.
===================================================================================================================

Bill is right about the necessity of the unit vs. the terrain you will shoot in. If you live in table top land then don't waste your money. If you live in country where you know you will be shooting an up or down angles then you will probably find it to be a good investment.

I've got one on my current gun and Kirby is installing an ACI with Badger mount on my new gun also. A lot of the canyons where we shoot may present shots that are very steep and the ACI, rangefinder, Palm/Exbal, Kestrel comes in real handy.

Built my own cosine indicator while dinking around the other evening. Took it on a scouting trip this morning.

Ranged 7 bucks from 533 to 565 yds. Cos was .98 didn't make it worth carrying the thing.

Other direction Cos was .94, hill so steep you wouldn't want to walk up, but dist was only 330 yds. Again not much use for the gizmo. Thus this thing will hang on my wall with some other of my 'useful' projects. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.