Components drops

And how much does it cost to have people ship stuff out 2 hrs after it is ordered? Is that free? The costs that UPS or USPS charge to ship is not what it costs to ship a product.

I don't know why people always think companies are out to screw them. Does it happen? Sure. But successful companies want a symbiotic relationship where the customer and company are happy with and loyal to each other.
The big cost is the cost associated with having them sitting around doing nothing for days between shipments coming in.

I'm beginning to think midway, brownells, etc are playing games with us. I signed up for discord so I get alerts every day for primers and it sure seems like brownells and midway are dropping primers daily. Are they "selling out" daily to keep the frenzy going, or are shipments arriving every single day. I'm wondering if they're doing their part to keep the frenzy alive and well.
Keep the discord secret to yourself man…jk it sure helps doesn't it? Best thing for helping me get components.

I'm beginning to think midway, brownells, etc are playing games with us. I signed up for discord so I get alerts every day for primers and it sure seems like brownells and midway are dropping primers daily. Are they "selling out" daily to keep the frenzy going, or are shipments arriving every single day. I'm wondering if they're doing their part to keep the frenzy alive and well.
Well up until a few months ago I worked at Cabelas. Shipments of primers and powder would come in on a daily basis. As soon as I put it out on the shelf was as soon as it was gone. Even with a limit of 1 brick or 1 pound of powder it was seldom on the shelf until noon. I figure that Brownells and Midway are pretty much in the same boat by at least ten-fold. They get more stock in, but they have thousands of more customers. Our customers had to walk in to buy, Cabelas did not sell these items online. If you looked it up on the website it said, "Check local store for availability." Brownells and Midway are online only with waiting lists. They have the notification list and as soon as you get notified you had best be on the phone or computer with your credit card because it sells out just as fast if not faster than ours did at Cabelas. As an example, I was on the list for Sig Sauer 180 gr 300Win Mag that my Browning really loved. I had not yet been able to duplicate the accuracy of the Sig loads. I was at my computer when the email saying it was in stock showed up. I went into the next room to get my purse and credit card and when I got back they were already sold out. Kind of reminded me of the Simon and Garfunkel song, "Celia." My point here is that you can't blame the retail outlets. They are doing the best they can in the fairest way possible. Keep in mind that for every pound of powder and every brick of primers there are probably 100 or more on the list waiting for it. He or She who hesitates does not get the primers/powders or ammo. :(

Check the small shops. I have the advantage of having to travel for field projects in the Midwest, was in Marietta, Ohio last week. These photos were from Bridgeport Equipment and Tool.

Attachments

• IMG_20220208_171535.jpg
    IMG_20220208_171535.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20220208_171546.jpg
    IMG_20220208_171546.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20220208_171553.jpg
    IMG_20220208_171553.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20220208_171603.jpg
    IMG_20220208_171603.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20220208_171612.jpg
    IMG_20220208_171612.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 80
I could never connect on product online alerts and missed out. Bought the RL-26 and a RL-17.
I decided it was my best option. I've picked up scattered lots over the past year of other Powders, H-1000, RL15,RL-22, H-4350. I'm not a high volume hunter or shooter but looking toward dialing down towards retirement in the neat future.

I could never connect on product online alerts and missed out. Bought the RL-26 and a RL-17.
I decided it was my best option. I've picked up scattered lots over the past year of other Powders, H-1000, RL15,RL-22, H-4350. I'm not a high volume hunter or shooter but looking toward dialing down towards retirement in the neat future.
Even with nothing other than H-1000 and H-4350 in your cabinet you can load a staggering array of cartridges and bullet weights.

For my small cases I was always a huge fan of H-380 and H-414 when I was real serious about varmint hunting but those two Hodgdon Powders really cover the gamut pretty well.

Of course if all I could ever get again were RL15, 26, and 33 I'd be pretty well covered for life as well.

Recent Posts