comparing spotting scopes

woodnut

woodnut
user_online.gif

Silver Member

Nightforce spotting scopes
I see NF has two spotters; a TS80 for about $1600. and a TS 82 for about $2600. The 80 model says Hi Def ad the 82 is an extreme Hi Def. Does anyone know about these spotters and what makes one , the 82, so much more expensive? And if you had yer druthers, would you pick the Vortex Razor 20x60x80 over either NF?

I have the 82 and have been happy with it. bear basin talked me into it over zeiss,swarovski. more as I dollar return to value. I wanted the higher end and they said the difference was so small most couldn't tell. not sure if I could or not,but have been happy with this scope.

The NF line of spotters are rebranded Meoptas. They are probably the most underrated glass on the market. Cabela's Euro Instinct is also Meopta but their spotter has a fixed eyepiece I think. In the Meopta line you can get it with the 20-70x or the 30-60x eyepiece, the 30-60x seems to be a bit more clear to me. The NF spotter may have some different specs/coatings on the glass but it is 100% a Meopta spotter. It's $2k at Cabells on sale

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.