Colorado OTC bear tag

"We hunt the second rifle season and the bear tags used to be hard to get. Way easier and cheap means I will buy em. We've seen em out of season but haven't had luck killing any, but would hate for the opportunity to pass me by. The only bad part is when you kill one you can't hunt elk/deer until the biologist inspects your bear."

Why can't you hunt Elk/Deer until your bear is sealed? Never heard of this or dealt with it
The reason you can't hunt is that you must be there when the biologist shows up to inspect it. They don't mess around.

The reason you can't hunt is that you must be there when the biologist shows up to inspect it. They don't mess around.
You need to have the hide and carcass for them to inspect it, wedge the mouth open with a stick because they are going to pull a tooth for age and if the mouth is closed when rigor sets in you will never got it open to pull the tooth.
This big boy was at 17 yards with a bow but I had already shot one and was waiting on the warden. You can shoot 7 bears on private land once you validate the tag you can get another one. I could have easily shot all 7 had I known. We actually had a bear raid camp while we were out hunting.
bear11.jpg