Colorado bear 2013

Derek M.

I took 2 rifles, as I do on all travel hunts. 30.06 and latest 7RM. I have 2 loads that hit about the same to 400 yards. The 168 TTSX and 180 Nos AB. Both with Re19. The 7 shoots a 168 VLD over Retumbo over 3000 fps. No clue about the .06 speed. Happen to have the .06 on Wednesday morning, the 4th. Shot was just under 200 yards and the 180 AB was chambered. Put the bullet in the front shoulder and dumped him, but only briefly. He managed to stay a bit lively for awhile and a fatal shot was used at 3-4 yards even though shot #1 was fatal too. One tough bear. Got it on video but left that DVD at my dads house. Hopefully he will mail it to me so I can upload on youtube and post it as well.

Thank you. I drive through your town every time I draw CO. I want to move there but I guess wife n kids want to stay in Ohio.

Thanks again. All of the BBs I've killed have been black. I've wanted a color phase for 10 years now and finally got one. I plan on putting in for a point next year and draw in 2015. Hopefully I'll be out there again.

One of my best hunts! No TV, no cell phone service, just the quiet breeze and a ranch house almost to myself for 2 weeks.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.