Colorado Mule Deer

MHO

IMG_0899.jpg

After one of the most enjoyable hunts this year (Eastern Plains Colorado). I had this guy come out on the third day at just 247 yards chasing two does. It took me a little while to get on him due to the creek bottom. But I tripped the trigger and the 140 gr berger did its job.

Nice job. Were you hunting on your own, or with an outfitter. I'm interested because I've been looking at trying to go on a mule deer hunt in that area.
Thanks

View attachment 29899

After one of the most enjoyable hunts this year (Eastern Plains Colorado). I had this guy come out on the third day at just 247 yards chasing two does. It took me a little while to get on him due to the creek bottom. But I tripped the trigger and the 140 gr berger did its job.
That's an awfully nice deer. Not only do they make great trophies but I'd rather eat venison from a muley than white tail all day, every day, any time, anywhere.

Very nice - Ole DW does pretty well on the eastern side!!

I'm heading back next year, hopefully something in the 190"-200" range jumps out in front of me!!

Congrulations on a Very Nice Deer. WildRose it's in your head one year I have had Mule Deer & Whitetails in freezer & never could tell a difference. Both are fine to Me.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.