Colorado Eastern Plains Mule Deer?

samson

Good Afternoon, I have some points to use for Colorado Mule Deer and would like to get some info on a good outfitter. I would like to hunt the Eastern Plains and I've never used an outfitter before. It doesn't have to be Luxurious, just good hunting with knowledgeable Guides. Any help is appreciated.

Any special reason you want the eastern plains? If you have points and are looking for an outfitter, you might do better to look at some of the mountain units for mule deer. The densities of mule deer and big mule deer in the eastern half of the state is nothing like it is in a good mountain unit. I live in Colorado Springs and spend a lot of time in the plains...I'd go further west.

Thank You. I have 10 Points as of this year. Which area do you recommend? I'm kind of open to anything. I've just heard that there are some good deer in the plains units. I just want an opportunity for a respectable buck. 160-180 ish.

Having hunted both, my opinion is to stay with the eastern plains or western slope. There are massive muleys to be found in the hills, no doubt, but for the chance to go out for either whitetail or muleys, that have weight problems due to feeding on milo, corn or other, the eastern plains in incredible. We're lucky to have had a 30+ year tradition of hunting on a roughly 10 sq mile parcel, where the owner refuses outfitters and where their are the few springs in the area. There is little public land out there as you may know, but an outfitter can steer you into some very nice areas I am sure. We are in unit 121 between Eads and Kit Carson. The past few years, the whitetails have been hugging closer to the river bottoms but from Burlington to Kim, N to S in the state, you can get into some nice deer.cheers

J D Outfitters is their name, and yes they do plains deer also
Screenshot_20181214-155136_Chrome.jpg

Good Afternoon, I have some points to use for Colorado Mule Deer and would like to get some info on a good outfitter. I would like to hunt the Eastern Plains and I've never used an outfitter before. It doesn't have to be Luxurious, just good hunting with knowledgeable Guides. Any help is appreciated.

I've lived in s.e. colorado my whole life and have hunted muley's my whole life. If you need any assistance p.m me

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.