Colorado elk hunting license change

crashlanding, you are correct sir. They are being pushed out by their own kind, and unfortunately find their way west. I have 2 for neighbors, and they are SO much fun to live with. One actually called the cops on me for mowing my lawn at a time he did not agree with, so needless to say, we don't see eye to eye about anything.

Thats the entire plan for releasing the wolves.

To significantly decrease hunting in the state, oh gee look elk and deer herds are down from the wolves. Restrict hunting and jack up tag prices.

The current governor wants to eliminate it entirely.
They'll just put a post it note in the news one day saying numbers are down, but they don't know why.

They did that here in PA with the elk numbers. Even though they are herded together more, there were fewer pregnant cows.
Oh, by the way, bear & coyote population is up.

But no correlation.

You point it out and it's just blank stare time.

crashlanding, you are correct sir. They are being pushed out by their own kind, and unfortunately find their way west. I have 2 for neighbors, and they are SO much fun to live with. One actually called the cops on me for mowing my lawn at a time he did not agree with, so needless to say, we don't see eye to eye about anything.
Me? Game on! Libs want to control EVERY aspect of your life.

Personally, I don't think we're far from banning lead core bullets, copper is great but I prefer a choice. California has set the blueprint for other blue states to follow
In talking and thinking about lead band in Mexico-North (aka Calif). I wonder if the police are required to use copper only bullets?

Moved here 48 years ago for the trout fishing and hunting. It was wonderful the first 35 years until it started turning "Colofornian". Only wish I could move. Maybe some day, but probably only to a rest home.

Maybe time for the states to do a Electoral college type vote. Each county get x number of votes from population numbers. That way three or for high population counties can't run the entire state.
That, sir, is a superb idea.

As such, it will never come to pass - much like term limitations, required proof-of-ID for voting, Constitutional Carry, ad infinitum.

And back to the topic at hand.... I do hope there is some tag reform like reduced pricing, separation of method of take for rifle/muzzle-loader/archery, lower draw point requirements for juicy GMUs, etc.

I was fortunate to purchase an otc in 2019 . It was an awesome experience to see Colorado . I was able to draw a Montana mule deer tag in 2003 . After several years spent snowmobiling in the Wyoming Wind River Range I would love to have the opportunity to hunt there . With all of the sweeping changes and limits to hunting , life dreams seem unlikely . I guess for now I will have to keep applying for the Michigan elk tags . When will the many step up to silence the few ? We can try in November of the new year but I am afraid that much of the same will continue moving forward . We let them get away with it once , why would they stop now? Merry Christmas all , for as long as we can still say that ! Is it to early to start back in on the egg nog (heavy on the rum ) ?

That, sir, is a superb idea.

As such, it will never come to pass - much like term limitations, required proof-of-ID for voting, Constitutional Carry, ad infinitum.

And back to the topic at hand.... I do hope there is some tag reform like reduced pricing, separation of method of take for rifle/muzzle-loader/archery, lower draw point requirements for juicy GMUs, etc.
There won't be reduced pricing, if anything prices need to go up to follow other states (looking at you, Wyoming special)

Method of take has always been separated.

CPW has absolutely nothing to do with setting how many points a hunt takes, it's simply how many people with xx number of points apply. If nobody with more than one points applied for unit 2 then some of those people with one point would draw.

Couple of things that would help curb point creep are losing your points every time you have a A list license in your pocket, doesn't matter if you picked it up OTC, leftover or bought a LO voucher, your points are gone. Not many people are going to sit on the sidelines for 30 years without hunting bulls so it should bring down point creep significantly.

Recent Posts