Colorado Draw Posted

I live here in colo sprngs, but hunt mostly north of Gunnison (GMU 54). i think 54 used to be a great unit, but of late (last 3 yrs or so), the herds transition to the ranches. Certainly by 2nd rifle.

Yeah I'm sure around Gunnison they move a bit earlier. Have you ever hunted around Montrose? Late season around there use to be good but it's been a few years since I hunted it. Dave wood road area.

I drew unit 48 first season bull, shooting for my first bull and training hard. If anyone has done this hunt my ears are wide open if love to hear anything about it good or bad

I drew unit 48 first season bull, shooting for my first bull and training hard. If anyone has done this hunt my ears are wide open if love to hear anything about it good or bad

I never hunted 48 but have hunted 45. Unit 48 is draw so no OTC tags 2nd/3rd and pretty small unit and takes few pts to draws.

When I hunted 45 I did drop camp and outfitter also did 48/49. I hope your training in unit 48 got some of the 14's in there.

I've done little fishing unit 48/481 and I've seen some deer but I'm down lower and never been up their in winter seen where the elk winter. Well good luck

I live in KY and have put in for KY elk for 20 years now. Some people have been drawn multiple times, especially Fish and Wildlife Commissioners and their families. there is no point system so its suppose to be random yet some people have hunted multiple times................go figure

I hunt CO and dont see what the problem is, Archery is OTC as well as second rifle season, I guess if you want a particular unit or dont have a place to hunt it would be an issue but for me paying a trespass fee or doing a DYI hunt with a guide lets me hunt every year for elk................now mule deer are a different story, only drawn them once, have drawn 3 antelope buck tags and hunt otc for doe once.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.