Cold weather variable?

Carbide

Looking for variable that magnification ring doesn't slow to crawl or stop below 0 F and clicks and paralax also work. Real world!
Carbide

Bushnell Elite 4500 and 6500. Not because the magnification rings works, but because if I accidentally breath on the ocular it clears itself. Others won't. Another benefit is the glass is about as good as Leupold VX-6 and Swarovski z3 and z5.

Assuming from the lack of replies that no one hunts when it gets that cold and everyone's freezers are so full from a succesful season there is no room to put a scope in to test!
Thanks
Carbide

My S&B PMII works fine regardless of conditions. Where I shoot in the winter it regularly hovers around -10 .

I hunted in Northern Minnesota this year, even though I'm from OR.. A BIG weather change. I found that either wrapping the heated foot soles they sell inside a neoprene cover or hand packs worked well around the functions parts. Do what you have to when it's cold! I was sitting a lot calling over a big clear cut, walked quite about as well. Scope functioned well this wayas I checked it a coupled times while I was out. Nothing is going to work well in the negatives. Ask locals and be as well equipped as you can. It worked for me. Best of luck to you.
Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.