Rangefinder in cold weather

Thanks guys for all the help and comments. Update. I was using lithium batteries. I had a two pack of well known batteries that I was using one in rangefinder and one for a backup. Both performed the same dim display in the cold weather and give a range only once it was warmed inside my jacket. Back home three nights tested in below freezing weather. Rangefinder was very cold to the touch but performed flawlessly as I checked three times during the day and night. Looks like I just got a bad pack of batteries. My luck. Thanks for all the help

Thanks

Buck

Thanks guys for all the help and comments. Update. I was using lithium batteries. I had a two pack of well known batteries that I was using one in rangefinder and one for a backup. Both performed the same dim display in the cold weather and give a range only once it was warmed inside my jacket. Back home three nights tested in below freezing weather. Rangefinder was very cold to the touch but performed flawlessly as I checked three times during the day and night. Looks like I just got a bad pack of batteries. My luck. Thanks for all the help

Thanks

Buck
I think my internal batteries must be going bad, I slow down a lot when its really cold out.

Got nervous when I saw post #13. I got the Leica HD-B for Christmas and it worked after set up inside. Left it outside thls morning at 15 degrees for 2 1/2 hours and then tried it. All was well with this test as I got the same reading and ballilstic solution as previously on a predetermined target.

We say pretty much the same thing in Alaska but with the additional qualifier .... "and if there is a tie, then he with the most fingers and toes wins!!!"

Don't let the frostbite make you loose! Ha, Ha, Ha. Very good! Stay warm up there. And happy 2018.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.