CO tag ?

There are some special management hunts that go from 07/31 to 01/31. They are available via special drawing and are hard to get. I have been applying for 5 years and haven't had one yet. The other thing is that they call you the night before and want you there at 6 am.

No thats not the tags I'm talking about. I think I even seen a show where they were hunting with an outfitter, he pretty much said that they can make there own seasons, because of something I will have to do some more digging I guess. Thanks

That would be another option. The landowner vouchers are for crop damage. They also allow hunting from July to January. There are Private Land Only licenses that allow for longer seasons but you have to get permission to hunt on private land and public land is off limits. The PLO tags may have been what the outfitter was talking about.

San Luis Valley has summer elk hunts to keep them out of the potato and hops fields. TYhats pro the July seasin mentioned above. You go to local DOW office and get on the depredation list then when your name comes up you gotta be ready to hunt. Usually its cow elk tags.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.