CO mule deer which archery tag?

Elkeater

I live in NW CO and hunt deer every year on second choice and leftover tags. So here's the question. I want to kill a big Muley with my bow. Which archery tag do I start applying for? I've only got 3 points currently (burned my points on a rifle tag last time and killed a nice mature 4 point) I'm good with not drawing this year but which unit should I start chasing? Was thinking 201 but I'm open to other options.

If your willing to travel, how about any of the units around the eagle/vail area have produced some large deer in the past. We still get a few big bucks here in SW CO but our deer herds have been declining for quite some time. The meeker area would also be a good choice.

Deer herds are declining everywhere it seems. Maybe I should look at eagles nest wilderness

That would be another great option, i've heard good things over the years of that area. i believe that the creed -lake city area would be a good bet as well

Not an answer to your question but I am anxious to see how the 2020 deer seasons go in Colorado. Last year was the worst I have seen and from what I've read and heard it was widespread across the state.

I didn't hunt last year (work got in the way) life is going to be in the way for many hunts this year so once again I purposely won't draw a tag this year but I'll build a point. That'll put me at 4 points for 2021. Should be able draw a decent archery tag somewhere still not sure where.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.