Clean way to extend LOP?

IMG_2497.JPG
Current setup.....
wife was not amused

I at least started modeling the buttstock extension up for you JJ. Then I decided to go a different route but it's going to be sweet! Instead of coring it out in the inside, I'm going to make it cored out thru the sides, so you can see thru it. You just have to choose cerakote or hard black anodized.

Feenix, thanks for the video! Good stuff there.
JE, I had tried several configurations, however... none really felt "right" and several...,, well, they just felt ...wrong...:eek:
As may be presumed, a very talented individual is working on a real solution.
Livetohunt I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I like either finish!

I have sent stocks back to HS Precision, Bell & Carlson and MPI. This allowed me to have it professionally done and any color of paint I wanted. I felt the cost was well worth it. Priced ranged from 125-250.

I have wondered about using a block of aluminum 1" thick cut one side to fit the existing stock and fit the other end to a recoil pad that would continue the lines of the stock. Then by drilling an arrangement of holes bring the weight down as far as possible. Anodize the block or paint to match the stock. Even if it took longer screws to add the aluminum block to the stock and then drill and tap the aluminum and use bolt threads to attach the butt plate. This would give a firm addition wit no give.
This was my thought to eliminate a problem I encountered at work.
As a Wildlife Officer Firearms Instructor I had 2 officers who were about 6'4" tall with lanky frames and long arms. The 870 Rem. shotguns we carried beat them bad, Required to qualify with rifled slugs. The stocks were too short for their build. There was blood on the line many times because of these miss fitted stocks.

On my rifle I used a piece of plywood cut the same shape as the end of the stock, rough shaped it with sand paper and painted it with black paint to match the black stock (was not needed but I'm OCD at times) and then used a slip on Limbsaver pad. worked out nice for me, and didn't look too hateful.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.