Clean bolt lug recesses??

A used toothbrush, some gun scrubber and a little compressed air is all you need! I did make a side discharge air nozzle . Mash the tip of a piece copper and drill a small hole through it so it sprays out the side

I have the Dewey recess cleaning kit with swabs but was hoping for a better diy solution. Good info guys, thanks

A used toothbrush, some gun scrubber and a little compressed air is all you need! I did make a side discharge air nozzle . Mash the tip of a piece copper and drill a small hole through it so it sprays out the side
Tried the toothbrush but couldn't get back into the corners well. I like the side discharge ideas but it has to be almost 180 deg to get the pressure right on the faces.

Just used my boretech on a pretty new bighorn action. Holy crap. It was nasty. Very easy tool to use

I got mine in and cleaned a Pierce Titanium receiver that I picked up used off this site. I was never impressed by the smoothness of the action until I used my boretech kit. It completely changed my opinion on the action even

I've had good luck using a really good foam cleaner by adding longer tubing and injecting right into the lug space. It will help clean and lift out debris at same time. depending on rifle, I tip rifle on side or even upside down. Little messy if you don't have a way to capture the runout but it seems to work nicely for me. I put paper towels down in a pan and just wipe up the captured runout.

I use a large caliber bronze brush and cotton balls. Just stick your balls on the end of the brush and swirl them inside the lug area. Works pretty good once you figure it out. o_O

I got mine in and cleaned a Pierce Titanium receiver that I picked up used off this site. I was never impressed by the smoothness of the action until I used my boretech kit. It completely changed my opinion on the action even
Yeah I'm impressed with the boretech. Gets the raceways, lugs, breach face, and chamber...in one tool. I like the action centering guide too. Dang fine tool

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.