Chromed lined barrels

asahi

I am looking at a fnh spr a3. It has a chromed line barrel does any body know anyting about chromed lined barrels. Are they good? I hope somebody can give me the skinny on these barrels.

I have a few Ar's with crome lined barrels , they clean realy well , don't seem to foul to bad with alot of so-so ammo run through them. These arn't match guns , very accurate for what they're used for but no target rifle by any means.

I would think that cromelined barrels would be great idea but I'm not sure how they would be able to keep the bore dementions consistant , I don't have any experiance with the process of crome lining or plating but it is a coating and I would think that it would very in thickness at least .0003 or so which would make it out of spec for most barrel makers , BUT if they started off with a match barrel even with the bore tolerances out that far I'm sure it would still be better than most off the shelf guns.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.