Christensen Mesa FFT 300 win Mag issues

Lenmedic

I purchased a CA Mesa to take out on a Montana Muley hunt in 40 days. I've had this rifle for 6 months. In that time I have put hundreds of rounds through the gun where it grouped like poop, sent it back to CA (where they sent it back and told me "it's fine"), and now the rifle is in a precision rifle shop here in Michigan. The gun shot Hornady's like garbage-POI was all over. I may have gotten a couple solid groups out of it but they would open up within 2 to 3 groups. So I went to Barnes TTSX 180gr $$$$. Well, they shot better but then again after 4 groups opened up w variable POI. Tightened everything, re mounted the scope, blah blah blah. Took the weapon in to a precision shop here in MI and they pretty much, off the bat, stated the bedding was dog----, that their was an issue with the plunger in the bolt, and that one of the pillars was "not flush" for lack of a better term (did I mention I purchased this rifle brand new). Additionally, the cerakote paint on the barrel has rub marks on it where the barrel was touching. Now, I'm no super sniper though I have been shooting and reloading for multiple decades and suffice to say usually can hold a .5" or better group with most every rifle I own with a little finesse, patience, and reloading. I'm only hoping this shop can fix my issue (I'm lucky I have a tack driving Remington 700 in 7mm mag (20 yrs old) that's an absolute tack driver-also weights 9.6lbs w scope). This is the first post I've written like this and in doing so hope that I can save someone else the hassle, heartache, time, money, and stress this rifle has caused me. CA, after I called and literally lost my mind, told me that they have replaced the majority of their smiths's due to poor work. ***. My trust is gone. if anyone has any similar issues with CA Mesa 300 WM mag FFT, please reach out to me. Its getting crunch time and I'd really like to use this tool to smoke a muley-though refuse to take and untrusted weapon on an epic hunt. Hope all is well, thank you!

I have the same rifle you have and I haven't put but around 75 rounds through it so far and so far I am not impressed, I suspect it probably has the same issues as yours.
I have a friend that has a ridgeline 300 PRC and just got it back, we found out yesterday that the chamber throat is now WAY shorter than when it was sent off 🤨

On my 300 win mag I am going to try a tunerbrake to see if that helps

I have a Ridgeline in 300wm that I had to send back several times; it is on its third barrel from CA. It went from 4 moa to 2 moa and now it actually shoots. It seems like they have more problems with the 300wm than anything else. Local gun shop stopped carrying them due to all the complaints.

Got a buddy who's ridgeline FFT had tons of issues same along your lines. Sent back twice still crap. They needed up refunding him money. My Mesa FFT 300prc is still not grouping great I'm hoping it's just barrel break in and it'll group if not it'll go back soon too. They did tell my buddy that they fired their whole qc department and management team and started from scratch because of the latest issues