Choosing a scope for an ultralight LR rig.

Tikkamike

I'm building an ultralight 338 rum. Titanium action, proof barrel, carbon fiber McMillan stock etc.. I'm calling it my "no expense sparred build" I want this to be the absolute best possible rifle I can make it. I'm stuck at the scope. I'm very happy with NF NXS 3.5-15x50mm I really like that power range and everything the NF has to offer... Other than the weight. I have been told by a couple buddies that the mk4 is a solid choice. I am curious about the razor HD LH but a little concerned that it's SO light and SO inexpensive. Anyone have any experience with those? I'm looking for suggestions. I want an MOA reticle and a turret with positive clicks.

If I had that setup, I would be seriously looking at the offerings from March. Lightweight, excellent glass, positive clicks and repeatable tracking. Ever since I got to try one for about 10 sessions, been saving to put one on my STW. Just a suggestion. The Vx-6 in a 3-18 is working well for me, but it doesn't have the WOW factor of the March.

.......The Vx-6 in a 3-18 is working well for me, but it doesn't have the WOW factor of the March.

I keep looking for the same thing, and end up back at the Vx 6 3-18. I was happy with my 2-12 until the 3-18 was available. The 4-24x is just a little heavier.

While there are lots of different scopes in the safe there is an easy to understand theme.

Pure bench, Weaver
Long Range F-/Tactical Sightron
Harsh recoil, Leupold or Nightforce

Hunting, Leupold, Leupold, Leupold.

........I have been told by a couple buddies that the mk4 is a solid choice.........

I missed that first time through, but I've had good luck with the Mark 4's

I'd be looking at a 3.5-18 Z5 Swarovski. They're pretty light weight but impeccable optics.

I've have a range of Leupolds and Nightforces including an ATACR but the Z5 on my 280 Ackley is a favourite.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.