choice brass 6.5 creedmoor.

Basalpin

Hello I'm French. I have to buy cases in 6.5 creedmoor I have the choice for hornady or starline which take you ?
(Sorry for my english).

Between those two: Starline.

Hornady has too great a weight variation for me.

Lapua is top of the class and will last longer.

More expensive upfront but maybe not long term.

I use Lapua SRP brass in my 6.5 Creed but if you read the posts here you will realize that many shooters have achieved excellent accuracy using brass from all sources, including Hornady.
If Hornady brass is available and less expensive then others, I'd buy a couple of hundred cases and give it a go. Do the usual case prep and consider sorting them by weight which might help.

use the one that is the most available in your area. Hornady will be just fine if that is what you can get and for new reloaders it will let you know if your pressures are getting to high a lot sooner than other brands like Lapua

Je suis un chargeur manuel depuis de nombreuses années. Lorsque je commence à charger un nouveau calibre, j'utilise le laiton des munitions d'usine que j'achète pour définir une norme de précision pour le fusil. Pour mon 6.5 Creedmoor, cette munition d'usine était Hornady Match, j'ai donc utilisé du laiton Hornady pour commencer. Lorsque j'ai établi une charge précise, je suis passé au laiton Lapua.

Meilleurs voeux,

Harry

If Lapua is available it's well worth the money. I've used Hornady brass for years and found the brass to be pretty hard and the necks don't want to seal off, and require annealing more often.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.