Choate TACTICAL Stock for Savage Short Action Detachable Mag Centerfeed Only

dwm

Has anyone seen/handled and/or purchased one of these:

Choate TACTICAL Stock for Savage Short Action Detachable Mag Centerfeed Only

TACTICAL_1024-Wh_Ru_2.jpg

I was wondering what everyone's opinion was of this stock.

Is it made of the same material as the Choate Ultimate Varmint and Sniper stocks?

It is one of a very few aftermarket stocks for the Savage short action, center feed, especially considering it has the detachable magazine ...

Thanks,

Last edited:
That looks very close to the Mcmillan A-5. I've never liked the choate stocks due to weight and look. This one I might have to try though. Anybody know what they cost?

Have one of these stocks as it came with a Savage 308 DBM rifle, will be using it at the Pa Savage Shootout this weekend will see just how good it really works.

Just got my Choate Tactical stock today. It does feel a little heavy, but I think it will help balance the muzzle heavy feeling of the heavy barrel. Overall quality seems very good, especially for the price. I'm switching from a blind mag to a detachable mag and I'm still waiting on parts so I'll post pictures when I'm ready to put it together. It's alot stiffer than the factory tupperware so I'm hoping it will solve some of the problems I've had shooting off a bipod.

There is a write up with pictures here.

I just got one of these and it looks very nice. For my savage 10 FCP-K .308. Does anyone know the torque specs for the screws please? Thanks

I torque mine to 40 inch pounds in increments of 5 to balance the torque on the action. I hope it works for you I am shooting ragged hole groups at 200 yards with mine and it isnt even bedded and I dont have any plans to either.

Good luck, Jason

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.