Cheytac load data needed

jimmym40a2

Im looking for load data for the 408 caliber- cutting edge bullet in 390 grain. I usually shoot 419 grain bullets.etc in my bolt gun but working up a load in a semi auto. I want to try a lighter bullet and need a starting place. Thanks!

I could run quickloads for you if you want. I would need to know what your overall length will be and what powder(s) you want to use. Barrel length is helpful too. What rifle do you have?

Barrel length is 29 inches. Id like to use RL-25 powder or 50bmg. Gun is RND semi auto. Thanks Mitch.
(In not were I can measure a case for ocl until next week.)

After seeing your first post I asked Mitch for some data on the 415 cutting Edge bullets with RL25, RL33, Retumbo, US869, and H1000. The RL33 QL data he sent said 110 fps jump over RL25, so I went and bought a couple pounds to try. I ended up getting 100fps gain with Retumbo and over 150fps gain with RL33. The accuracy just wasn't there, the best I could get was slightly over 1/2moa at 410 yards. With RL25 it can do almost half of that. Too bad, 3000 fps with a bullet that is supposed to have a .955 BC would make me kinda giddy if the groups were a little smaller. I wouldn't mind having my cake and eating it too.
I know you want data for the 390's but I was hoping this could help a little.

I would like to hear your results.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.