Chasing the new and improved.

I will say this, after living through many component shortages I never buy any rifle without also buying enough brass to last the life of the barrel. Been burned enough times that is a standard rule. Now I am going to add a new one. I am also going to buy enough components to load those rounds. Never again. If they are not available at time of purchase I will not buy the gun.

I will say this, after living through many component shortages I never buy any rifle without also buying enough brass to last the life of the barrel. Been burned enough times that is a standard rule. Now I am going to add a new one. I am also going to buy enough components to load those rounds. Never again. If they are not available at time of purchase I will not buy the gun.
That's a smart idea

I really believe if we eliminate 70 percent of new cartridges you will see reloading components be more available, and rifles will be more accurate then ever.
Component availability would increase bc of supply demand. More supply and less demand, but I'm not sure how rifles would be more accurate than ever.. If you removed 70 percent of the least accurate and kept the remaining 30% then of course they would be more accurate on average, but even before that we'd have to define accuracy.
The most accurate rifles at 200 yards will be completely different than the most accurate at 1000, 2000, etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.